Sunday, January 3, 2010

AVATAR

Was reluctant to watch the thing in 3D as the whole world seemed to be thinking this was the ONLY way to enjoy the film. This seeminly popular opinion discouraged me. I also thought seeing it in 3D would totally take the meat out of the story(if there was a story to begin with) and be smothered in special effects and space invadors(including my space).


but i gave in and went to the IMAX theatre. Got my goggles. Got my pocorn. sat in my seat. wore my goggles and prayed James Cameron would serve this highly expensive,tech. advanced ,glossy pie with enough fleshy meat of a story to satisfy yours trully-a not die hard fan of ...action and robots.



and el Cameroniego did his best to fill every inch of space, 3d or not with a wicked soul touching story and i might add-believable plot. its a sci-fi. fantacy film folks-it was supposed to be literally "out of this world" and it was -in visual and in text. The story carried a relevant message/s,the special effects were beautiful and anatomically  detailed(sci-fans should get that)

love.war.society.cross cultures.science.supernatural.beliefs.humor and some good ol action fights. Great soundtrack too.


I had to take my goggles off a few times-because Jimmy,the film worked so well that i didnt even need the 3d effect to trully appreciate it. Yes,i agree it gave a few scenes some depth and feeling in the 3D.

But  with or without the 3D the movie worked.

it worked oooh so well... IMHO



No comments:

Post a Comment