Monday, February 1, 2010

THE IMAGINARIUM OF DOCTOR PARNASSUS

I'm a fan of phylosophy,theology, wisdom, the connection between the natural and supernatural -so i was more than a yes person to see this film. Lest we forget seeing great actors and beautiful men like JOHNNY DEPP,JUDE LAW,COLIN FARREL AND OFCOURSE HEATH LEDGER share some of their talent together.

The story was a rumble tumble for me from the start-and not in a fast way.I was not sure what i should be thinking about as i watched this plot open up-and i hate this feeling.-Nothing seemed clear. The dialogue wasn't helping any.Even when Heath  showed up-it kinda got worse for me. But anywho i gave it the benefit of the doubt-maybe it was me-the movie was to deep for my blood. half way in(trendy in my blogs,no?) to the film -when they finally get to showing off the doctor's imaginarium-i started to taste some meat of a plot.

I like stories with messages clearcut or subtle but it's there-but this was bit all over the place in my humble opinion.

I think this sort of story needed to be told like one of those wierd, absorbing Picasso paintings-where the woman had three or four eyes-BUT you could still tell it WAS A WOMAN. and not a jackson Pollock painting with splashes and dots of paint of different colours eveywhere and you might as well have seen a wind-mill or was it a chicken...

...or maybe i need to watch it again-but you see i don't think this is even that sort of film where the illumination develops the more you go back to it.

A fantasy-sci-fi-drama-adventure type thing with seemingly heavy improvisation. Enjoyed the attempt though.
imho.

No comments:

Post a Comment