Monday, May 3, 2010

VALENTINES DAY

I love Garry Marshal(director of Pretty woman) movies. I am a close comrade to the way his mind works(at least when it comes to his definitive storylines.Come on,i don't know the guy)

The man has an optimistic,upbuilding,not de-moralising way of talking about love and relationships-a way that is not gushy wish-washy-mish-mash mush....AND YES,I DO THINK "PRETTY WOMAN" was NOT any of those things.

Valentines day is obviously and marketedly an ensamble cast -a box of chocolates type of thing. Sweeties like-Julia,Ashton,Jessica,Patrick,Topher...and lots more.All the characters are 'main' characters if u get my meaning. So,ofcourse i was compelled to see this film!!

The story(plural) -a different sketches of couples and people all dabbling with LOVE in all its forms. UNlike a timeless favourite"Love Actually" all them people are connected somehow which was some fun to watch.

I am stressing the word "sketches" here.Sketches. Sketches. Not oil painted meaty canvances in rich deep colour and depth. Nope. Sketchy but extra light infact almost zero calorie happy meal.

I say in my humble opinion- to the letter- fun to watch, MOSTLY because you see a lot of  stars.

PS
Favourite sequences with Jammie Fox,Julia Roberts(that woman makes me believe there is no such thing as acting),Topher and Ann Hathaway(i think the most dramatic).

No comments:

Post a Comment