Thursday, July 29, 2010

THE -A-TEAM

As i watched this classic movie remake of the 80's Tv series,i sincerely couldn't help comparing  and comparing....and comparing. I loved the show. I LOVED the characters. So a movie was made i suspect with partly the aim to convince me that i would enjoy this rendition as much as i did the series,if not more. So hey,i compared the living daylights out of it.Maybe not fair...but it couldn't be helped.These people were rebirthing one of sweetnesses of my childhood memories. You bet your arse,I'ma gonna compare

 A-Liam Neeson's Hannibal seems more noble and Aragorn-ish.George's Hannibal i think had more of a wise-guy spice. Aha-the series' Hannibal was like Roger Moore's James Bond minus the womanising and The movie's Hannibal was the Pierce Brosan version of James Bond. For the sake of arguement-a weekly tv series has more time for character development/evolvment but in an almost 2 hr flick-the role has to be  as 3D as possible to make it believable,but then again the film  did span 8years.

A-  imho the film's B.A didn't really have much to do. I didn't see much of his Bad attitudeness that was so apparent in the series.As the muscle guy? not much,as the angry guy?-barely.His fear of heights though? Check.The back story of how that started built in-good touch.His classic dislike/intolerance of Murdock?well...not really.Quinton tried though.

A- I liked this Howling mad Murdock. I absolutely loved the Series Murdock-but this guy brought "it" on. His own brand of ga-ga ness.IT worked. I think Sharlto Copley is an actor i can't wait to see again.There were 1 or 2 scenes werei thought the character was too articulate(sane) to be Murdock, but i guess forgivable.

A-the Face man!! i'm a big fan of Bradley Cooper-ok,so  he brought on the suave and charm but it seemed too hyper and forced.The series' Face didn't even seem to try when he wooed and conned.Inmho

The film starts off from how they meet and 8yrs down the road to fugitives.The action and firworks is everything worthy of a 2010 adventure movie and more.

Yup, i compared and compared but enjoyed the film. The question of if i might have enjoyed it EVEN more if i had never seen the series. Well....

1 comment:

  1. Knock me over with a feather! I thought this was just a site you followed! Its' YOURS!!!!!! Sweetness! I read I can hear your voice in my head AGAIN!!!!!

    ReplyDelete